Welcome Hall4 Fore StreetDevonportPlymouthPL1 4DN
This four-day course prepares you to deliver National Standard cycle training - also known as Bikeability - across all levels and age groups. It is the nationally recognised qualification for general cycling skills. With a mixture of classroom-based and hands-on learning, the course will equip you with the skills and knowledge to be a cycle trainer.
To become a qualified NSI you will need to undergo an assessment at a later date.
During the course, you will:
- focus on the delivery and assessment for each Bikeability level (Level 1, 2 and 3).
- learn about choosing appropriate environments to deliver cycle training.
- learn to risk-assessing training environments and manage risk for trainees.
- develop a range of teaching techniques for children and adults.
- build understanding the role and responsibilities of an instructor.
- check bikes & equipment for use in training.
- learn group management techniques.
Copyright © CTC 2015