Cycle to Work Day
According to Census data, 760,000 people in the UK cycle to work regularly - this number keeps growing steadily, but with Cycle to Work Day's help, we are aiming to make those numbers skyrocket this year and beyond!
By 2021, Cycle to Work Day hopes to see a million people regularly commuting to work by bike. Last year's event saw a Herculean effort from the 20,000 commuters who hit the streets and cycled over a quarter of a million miles on Cycle to Work Day.
This year, the aim is to double the number of budding commuters saddling up and achieve (at least) half a million miles pledged. Every CTC member can help by:
- Promising to get in the saddle on 4 September by pledging miles for Cycle to Work Day here: www.cycletoworkday.org
- Encourage your friends, family and colleagues to sign up and get involved.
- Share www.cycletoworkday.org on your social media pages.
- If you know a wannabe cyclist in need of a new bike, let them know they can save 25-42% on the cost of a new bike if they buy it through the Cycle to Work scheme.
- Ask your employer to get behind the day by offering staff that ride a free coffee and croissant as part of Britain’s Biggest Bike Breakfast.
- You can also connect with Cycle to Work on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
If you are looking for a cycle route to work, use our Journey Planner - it gives you different options and you can avoid fast roads and hills if you like.
There is also information and inspiration on CTC's Commuter page too.
Just imagine what your workplace would be like if more people cycled to work!