Mountain Bike Leader
Mountain biking is one of the most accessible, enjoyable introductions to group cycling. CTC's Mountain Bike Leader course enables you to lead groups on gentle terrain - less than 600m above sea level and without the need for riders to steer a path around obstacles. The course includes tuition for your own off-road skills, and assessment of your new-found skills.
This course will equip you to:
- Lead groups of adults, young people and children on rides
- Manage groups with a range of riding experience
- Prepare for rides, anticipate and minimise safety factors
- Develop and apply risk assessments, operating procedures and dynamic risk management
- Provide fun, engaging and developmental sessions for your participants
- Understand access rights across the UK and beyond
- Complete and review rides, using self-reflective principles
Please contact the Courses & Training Helpline to find out if this course is available for booking: 01483 238 337
|27 Nov 2015||Young Bristol||Details...|
|5 Feb 2016||Atlantic Outdoors||Details...|
|18 Mar 2016||Young Bristol||Details...|
|29 Apr 2016||Dalby Forest||Details...|
|13 May 2016||Epping Forest District Council||Details...|
|17 Jun 2016||Young Bristol||Details...|
|1 Jul 2016||Dalby Forest||Details...|
|7 Oct 2016||Dalby Forest||Details...|
|18 Nov 2016||Epping Forest District Council||Details...|
What you need
- At least one year's experience of regular riding in easy off-road terrain - a minimum of 30 rides.
- Minimum age 18
You may find that the Trail Leader provides all you need. Where you wish to lead in further environments, once the Trail Leader Award has been achieved, followed by completion of a minimum of 6 led rides you may progress to the Technical Leader Award.