CTC Trainer: Mark Hill
- Resort Manager for Bear Back Biking;
- Previously an Outdoor Centre Manager at a variety of locations around Europe;
- Ski Patroller, avalanche worker and medical technician;
- Former mountain rescue and fire service volunteer;
- Based in Whistler, Canada;
- Of course, none of us is at all jealous of Mark's location or roles!
Mark has been working in the outdoor recreation industry since 2001, and is truly passionate about sharing outdoor experiences with anyone and everyone. He has experience in all sectors of the industry from outdoor education to private coaching and is multi-skilled in both land and water activities as a practitioner, coach and assessor.
He has volunteered for the mountain rescue, fire service and now as a Ski Patroller. Mark has a keen interest in wilderness pre-hospital care, and has trained as a medical technician and avalanche worker.
Mark currently resides in Whistler BC and is the resort manager for Bear Back Biking, a chalet-based company catering for riders from around the world in the world famous Whistler Bike Park. During the winter months, he remains in Canada working as a ski instructor.
His loyalty to CTC is as deep as his passion for cycle sport. Mark's first real experience of mountain biking was provided by attending the Trail Leader Course. He believes that the tutor's enthusiasm enriched the course and created his own love for the sport. Those 2.5 days over 12 years ago gave Mark the building blocks for the life he currently has in Canada.