Assistant Group Leader
You will learn the basics of assisting with group rides in a non-technical environment. This course is an ideal introduction to leadership techniques for on-road ride leaders.
During the course, you will:
- learn about parts of a bike
- discuss the health benefits of cycling
- assist participants with their riding - building skills and confidence
- learn how to assist a ride manager to lead rides effectively
- practice riding in a group
Please contact the Courses & Training Helpline to find out if this course is available for booking: 01483 238 337
What you need
- Be a confident rider to the level of Ride Supporter
- A well-maintained bicycle
- Interest in providing cycle rides and increasing participation
- Have attempted to fix punctures.
- Be at least 18 years of age. (It is a legal requirement to be 18 or over before you can be in charge of others.)
You may (but are not required to) also have:
- Previous experience in ride leading and / or leading groups in the outdoors
- An understanding of the M-check (bicycle safety check)
After your Assistant Group Leader course, move on to the Group Leader qualification.