National Standard Instructor
The National Standard Instructor course is an accredited course that teaches you how to deliver the National Standards in cycle training (Bikeability). With a mixture of classroom based and hands-on learning, the course will equip you with the skills and knowledge to be a top cycle trainer.
CTC is an expert cycle training provider and offers training that goes beyond the National Standard - a standard that we helped set up and design.
The course covers:
- Focus on the delivery and assessment for each Bikeability level (Level 1, 2 and 3).
- Choosing appropriate environments to deliver cycle training.
- Risk assessing training environments and managing risk for trainees.
- Developing a range of teaching techniques for children and adults.
- Understanding the role and responsibilities of an instructor.
- Checking bikes & equipment for use in training.
- Managing groups.
The course fee includes:
- 4-day NSI course
- Provisional accreditation and registration with DfT
Note that the course cost excludes lunch and post course assessment.
Learning that suits you
We can tailor the course delivery to your requirements. We can, for example, offer this course as a four day block or in two sets of two days, with no difference in cost.
To apply for this course or for further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01483 238301.
Please contact the Courses & Training Helpline to find out if this course is available for booking: 01483 238 337
The CTC course maximises the learning environment for participants. The course teaches you to work independently and develop your own training methods whilst working as a provisionally accredited instructor. We support you through the learning process leading up to the Post Course Assessment where you become fully accredited.
What you need
- You must be a confident on-road cyclist.
- A well-maintained bicycle.
- Basic bicycle maintenance knowledge.
- No previous qualification required.